Competitive EdgeWe can help you study for the MCAT and find scholarships to give you a head start in the future career of your dreams.
MCAT Test Prep
The Tutoring and Academic Engagement Center MCAT Preparation Workshop sessions are taught live in Eugene on the UO campus. MCAT prep will not be offered winter 2020, but is tentatively scheduled for winter 2021.
Pharmacy Bridge Program
If you are interested in pursuing a career as a pharmacist and you are looking toward to Pacific University for your education, consider applying to the Bridge Program. The deadline for applying to the Bridge Program is quickly approaching. If you’re considering this option, please schedule an appointment with an HPP advisor soon!
Deadline: Thursday, January 16.
The University of Oregon offers six different scholarships for outstanding students interested in a health profession. Please review the scholarship descriptions, eligibility criteria, and application steps below, and contact email@example.com with questions.
2020-2021 Scholarship Applications will be available in November.
Scholarships—Before You Apply
- Financial Need: Some scholarships require proof of financial need. If you feel you qualify, please complete one of the following forms to verify your need level (suggested Jan 15 deadline to be eligible for many university scholarships).
- The “FAFSA” (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is an online application for students who are US citizens, Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) or other eligible non-citizens.
- The “ORSAA” (Oregon Student Aid Application) is an alternative to the FAFSA for Dreamer students including students who have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status or Temporary Protected Status (TPS) as well as other undocumented students.
- The “Financial Resource Form” is for international students with a valid student visa. This form must be submitted directly to the Office of International Affairs.
- Professional Objective: Declare a professional objective in DuckWeb within the “Student Menu” under “Update General Student Information.” (Students do not need to declare a health profession to be eligible for the Weise scholarship)
Applications for all health-related scholarships are available on the UO Scholarship Dashboard. After setting up your profile you will be able to access opportunities that you may qualify for.
Transfer students and incoming graduate students: before applying for scholarships, you must submit an application for admission by February 1.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 21st, 2020
Questions? Contact Megan Weiler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Awarded to outstanding undergraduate and graduate students who have an interest in health and family related matters, particularly in health preservation and enhancement, health education, nutrition and/or family health and well-being.
Margaret J. Wiese Fund
Selection criteria: academic record and financial need. This scholarship is for the 2020-2021 academic year. Students with 90 credits or more (junior, senior, post-baccalaureate, or graduate student) and graduated from an Oregon high school are eligible for this award.
Awarded to outstanding undergraduate students pursuing a career in medicine, with the intent of enrolling in medical school. Applicants will be considered for all four of the scholarships below:
John Jay & Corabelle Rogers Memorial Scholarship
Selection criteria: academic record, extracurricular involvement, and financial need (based on FAFSA). Applicants must be sophomore to post-baccalaureate standing.
John Fielding Ambrose Medical Scholarship
Selection criteria: academic record and extracurricular involvement. Applicants must be sophomore to post-baccalaureate standing.
Minnie Morden Pre-Medical Scholarship
Selection criteria: academic record only. Applicants must be sophomore to post-baccalaureate standing.
William and Marjorie Shearon Memorial Scholarship
Selection criteria: academic record and extracurricular involvement. This scholarship is for the 2020-2021 academic year. Students with 45 credits or more (sophomore – post-baccalaureate standing) are eligible for this award.
Awarded to outstanding undergraduate students pursuing a career in dentistry.
Bleakney Pre-Dental Scholarship
Selection criteria: academic record only. This scholarship is for the 2020-2021 academic year. Students with 45 credits or more (sophomore – post-baccalaureate standing) are eligible for this award.